Saturday, July 6, 2024

Scuba Diver's Surprise in the Black Lagoon [TrUzApalOOza cardstock wraparound variant cover C + cover D]

Continuing the Creature from Black Lagoon series, here are Cover C and Cover D (wraparound) Retailer Incentive versions...

[Workflow: I sourced a chunk of images from the internet and then combined them into the final picture. I didn't have to use Tengri/NightCafe to create my usual stock items for this composition. Lots of masking work, curve adjustments (green up the water), displacements (reflection of monster), distorts (for eyebrows), mesh wrapping, brush layers to add more bubbles/water effects, etc.]


Image list:
  1. cover D [full upper body of diver] wraparound exclusive Pulp Fiction Comics cover
  2. cover C [close-up facemask only] cover
  3. raw of the painting (reduced resolution), without final book layouts/logos
  4. a glance at my Affinity Photo layering panels with Fx filters
  5. and a bunch of the source images
cover D (full image wraparound)

cover C (focused on diver's mask)


the final raw image before cropping the view for covers C + D

my water, overlayed to recolor
my layers panel

my original diver before edits

regulator logo

face mask reference

most of bubbles, others added with brushes





No comments:

Post a Comment